True experience ~~~

I've submitted 2 stories (under 1 entry) to OMY.sg regarding the incidents I've encountered during Hungry Ghost Festival when I was younger, in my childhood and my teenager years.


I have 2 experiences to share, one from when I was about 7 or 8 years old in primary school and the other when I was 14 years old in secondary school and both happened during Hungry Ghost. Let’s start with the first one:

I remembered that after the getai ended, I went to sleep and that night, I dreamt that there were a lot of ghosts that looked very oriental with all those little lions (the type that you see adorning the entrances of chinese temples) appearing at the doorway leading from the living room to my kitchen. First one set (a small petite chinese girl with the little lion) would appear, introduce themselves to me then disappear.

Then the next set, (some of the girls appear younger at one point and some a little older) would appear again, introduce themselves to me, disappear again. It went on until I couldn’t take it anymore and suddenly woke up, but in my dream I was very awake and I saw myself trying to talk to them but couldn’t. It’s like as if I was prevented from talking to them and could only watch/see them do the introduction instead. It was really vivid, that’s why I could still remember this particular dream all these years. I’m just curious why they introduced themselves to me though.

******

The second was in secondary school. As I suffered from sinus, it sometimes comes during the day, seldom at night. There was this particular night I was down with sinus and I felt really lethargic. But I didn’t take any medication as I knew the sinus would go away, it’s just a matter of time only. Halfway through the night, I woke up again to grab a tissue to blow my nose. Normally, if I have to go to the kitchen or toilet in the middle of the night, I would switched on the lights (like some sort of protection) but not this night though. Maybe I felt tired or something, I don’t know. So, I made my way to the kitchen where the box of tissue paper was and as I pulled out one piece of tissue, I heard the dining chair on my right moved slightly. I stopped in my tracks and thought, “No way. I must be hearing things!”

And after reassuring myself, I proceeded to bring the tissue to my nose to wipe the muscus and blow my nose. And that was when I heard the chair moving again, and this time, it didn’t move slightly just to create some noise. It was definitely moving slowly so that the scraping sound of the chair would be heard clearly. I totally freaked out, mumbled some apology and dash all the way back to my bedroom. Needless to say, my sinus went away fast enough but the fear stayed until morning break.

After this particular incident, I never stepped foot into the kitchen again without first switching on the lights. And I truly swear that I don’t take medication for my sinus all these years at all, not even once. So, I was very sure I wasn’t dreaming when the dining chair moved by itself.


Tracback URL: http://blog.omy.sg/lunar7month/archives/71



Your Ad Here

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~