Adventures on my Off Day~ ~ ~

Anyway, I stayed up until 4:00am in the morning before I hit the bed (plump pillows included) and once again, was rudely awakened from slumber by my mother. It's the usual routine of my mother coming into my bedroom announcing the time and then going back to the kitchen. Then a few minutes later, she'll repeat the same thing until I get up. Here are some of the photos I took today. Enjoy! And remember, comments, opinions and words of adoration are most welcome!!




I don't know why, but everytime I go to this coffeeshop for makan, that lady would always sit there with her head turned towards her customers. Some days, I really suspect she is actually a human-size standee or something.






My mother hated this stall (Tiong Bahru Chwee Kueh stall) due to an incident when I was only 3 years old. Apparently, when I was only 2 or 3 years, we were still living in Tiong Bahru and one day she went to the market (and brought me along) and wanted to buy 1 chwee kueh for me to eat. And as the stall didn't stated clearly that customers must buy minimum of 3 pieces of chwee kueh (the placard at the stall only stated that 1 piece of chwee kueh costs $0.40), my mother asked for 1 chwee kueh. Imagine what the lady boss at the chwee kueh stall said? "Hello, we don't see 1 chwee kueh. You must buy at least 3 chwee kueh!" My mother was so furious that she retorted back saying: "Your sign never say have to buy minimum 3 pieces, only state the price what. So you still have to sell 1 piece to me. Besides, my daughter can only finish at most 2 pieces of chwee kueh!" The lady boss still wouldn't budge and my mother simply told her that this isn't the only stall that sells chwee kueh and that she won't buy from them again. True to this day, everytime she sees this stall, she'll comment that "This is a lousy stall!!"






My mother's choice of Roast Meat Noodle for breakfast as she doesn't like to eat rice dishes in the morning.






Acutally, I wanted Roast Duck Noodles instead, but the people at the stall claimed that they only have one bowl of noodle left (ironic or simply suay??) and my mother wanted to let me have the noodle. But I told my mother to change mine to rice instead so she can have the noodles. But imagine the cooker's shock when my mother came running back to his stall for a change. Seems that the cooker thought my mother wanted to cancelled her order totally..






My mother and me






What better way to decorate a supermarket ceiling with, say, bananas?? Frankly speaking, I hate bananas, always got to eat them when they start turning black...






Shops where you can buy hell bank notes, offerings and such to burn to the dead.






Paper cigarettes for the dead. Seems like they are starting to take life a little easier, unlike those days of old...






Paper Cars for the dead, it even comes with a free chauffeur too. Last time I was in Chinatown, I saw this causcasian woman buying one for her son to play with, just because her son wants it. As a note of advice, these paper stuffs are meant for the dead as offerings, not for your children as toys!!






Yes, life in Hades is really getting a little better. You can even burn paper beers, 100 PLUS to quench your ancestors thirst. Presumably from playing hide-and-seek with Gu Tao Bay Bin, I suppose??



P/S: It seems that there will be a Getai event later in the evening. So, I'll most probably upload photos of last night's Teochew cloth puppet show and tonight's Getai event altogether. Stay tuned!!



Your Ad Here

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~