Namie Amuro: Queen of J-pop Forever!!

When I first got to know about Namie Amuro, I remembered I was only in Secondary school, like 13 or 14 years old. There was still Japan Hour in the 1990s too, but very limited broadcast time as J-pop and news about Japan were not really popular then. You can consider listening to J-pop and keeping in touch with Japanese news as a sort of niche interest and hobby, unlike now, where everyone claimed to like this idol or that idol without really thinking if they like them because of their wonderful culture or is it because everyone claimed that they are interested and hence, decided to jump onto the "I'm crazy about Japanese" as well. Also another sucky thing to me too, as I knew that back during my secondary school days, I was considered some sort of an 'outcast' as I was the only person in my class who likes Japanese music and stuffs when everyone was mad about Mando-pop. In a sense, I was already a trend-setter, it's just that I don't look the part of the trend-setter and I don't behave the part too.

But I'm glad I didn't give up my choice of liking J-pop and all things Japanese. Why? Because after finishing my O levels and entering into the workplace at the tender and raw age of 17+ years old, I got to meet a lot of interesting people, friends, aquaintances and colleagues whom some of them also happened to discover J-pop and for that moment in time, I don't feel like some sort of 'outcast' anymore. I feel accepted finally. It was so hard in school, and I'm sure it applies to anyone in the world, not only Singapore too. Finally, I can talk about X-Japan's Forever Love or Namie Amuro's Body Feels Exit without feeling conscious that I look like some crazy fanatic or oddball. And up till now, I never regret liking J-pop more to Mando-pop!!

So, here are some of the videos I've found that are mainly about Namie Amuro. She's my No. 1 idol and forever will be!!!




If there's ever going to be a Japanese re-make of Moulin Rouge, I'm voting for Namie Amuro to play the part of Satin.






The Making of the commercial for Vidal Sassoon where Patricia Field and Orlando Pita was involved in the making of. Awesome!! Patricia Field is the mastermind stylist behind Sex and the City while Orlando Pita is a fab hairdresser. The cm (short for commercial) is titled Show Girl where they try to bring a little of burlesque and old Hollywood feel to the entire production.






Lastly, the title of the song used for the Vidal Sassoon CM is called Do Me More and here is the original music video for this wonderful song. Namie keeps getting better and better with each album and I really can't wait for the next song to be showcased!!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~