Future Anime magazine

According to the information found on Anime News Network:


Future US, the California-based publisher of Nintendo Power, Guitar World, Maximum PC, and other gaming and lifestyle magazines, is publishing a one-off magazine called Future Anime this month. Gary Steinman, the former editor-in-chief of A.D. Vision's Newtype USA magazine and the current executive editor of Future's PlayStation: The Official Magazine, helmed this Summer 2008 issue. The issue costs US$9.99 and will stay on newsstands until October 21. It features a Gurren Lagann cover, 12 posters, and no DVD. According to Steinman, the publisher has the option of turning the publication into a recurring special or a full magazine launch. The staff will "gauge the audience interest and go from there."


Anyway, I'm glad I didn't think of buying it as after flipping through the magazine, I realised that the anime news reported inside the magazine are actually old anime. Not brand new anime that is currently being churned out in Japan. Quite sad though. If not, I would most probably buy it for the up-to-date information. But still, I managed to snap 3 photos of it before shelving it back (with Kah Wee lamenting about showing it to me in the first place).





Here I am, getting excited about the contents. Until I saw the titles on the front cover...






Hmm, sexy anime girls in bikini gear. I'm sure the fanboys will lap it up.






...Aria... If you know how to search or google for Aria, you would have probably knew that there is going to be an Aria anime last year.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

2 comments:

  1. The state of anime seems to be going a bit downhill it seems. While it certainly does look more artistic, the plots of the stories are not as unique as they have been in the past. Everything seems to be "borrowing" elements from other anime's changing a few theings, and then calling it a "new" anime. Nevertheless, there are some jewels out there; it's just getting harder to find them....

    By the way, I stumbled across your blog via Entrecard and thought that you have done a very excellent job with it. Like you, I also have a blog. Mine is for the purpose of using my novel to save people in Uganda, Africa. Anyways, I was wondering if you would like to do a link or banner exchange with me. My blog is http://fateiscallingyou.blogspot.com and I am very interested in hearing from you. If you would like to exchange, please contact me and tell me the exact URL you would like for me to link to. Thank you. ---Felix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~