Getai: One Night Only

Sorry for the late Getai post, yesterday was overwhelmed with so much posting and my PC is very good at draining my battery power dry. Ended up, I have to re-charge my cellphone and I though I would simply upload everything today instead. And apparently, this Getai event at my neighborhood was a one night only special. But I'm pretty sure there would be another one somewhere in my neighborhood though. Anyway, enjoy.

P/S: Seems that the lighting was too strong and bright for my camera though. But still, leave me your comments, opinions and thoughts, okay?




Before I went down, I snapped a photo from my flat corridor.






From the left side of the stage, at the back.






Look at the crowd, there are still quite a number of empty seats but some people preferred to stand instead.






According to tradition, the first row of sits are supposed to be empty, as it's reserved for the ho heah di ('good brothers & sisters', meaning the dead). But, seems like these people are a little bo-chap, considering that they are seniors and should be aware of this rule...






The right side of the stage, at the front, where you can see the drummer looking at me.






The woman at the left is an ex-Miss Huayi (from which competition, I haven't the slightest clue...) and the emcee on the right.






The 3rd performer of the night, I forgot which singer's disciple he's supposed to be. But it seems that he can only perform at only one getai show each night. The rest of the conversation is lost in Hokkien...






Happen to snap this photo when the stage lights turned green. Now, it looks eerie...






The 4th performer of the night (I missed the 1st performer as it sounds like they were doing a mic check instead of the uusual old songs I always hear). Sports a tattoo at her lower spine at the back and another one on her left pelvic area. Seems quite young and skimpily dressed too.


Anyway, I stopped at the 4th performer as the weather turned a little bit too chilly for me to endure and it seems that there was going to be a downpour too. This is one of the coldest getai events I've been to. Hopefully next year's Getai event, I can take even much better photos. And before I end this post, here's a video I took of the Getai event (just a small segment). Enjoy!!



Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~