More Collectibles And Goodies From My Stash

Your Eyes Only
You have to buy the Japanese version of this illustration book of Chobits by CLAMP, only then can you get your hands on this Chobits: Chii Tote Bag. I kept it in its original paperbox to protect it, considering the cost of the illustration book, it's definitely worth the purchase.

Chobits Manga
You have to buy the Japanese version of Volume 8 of the Chobits manga in order to get this opaque box that lets you store your Chobits manga inside. It comes with a Chobits mousepad (with a red background and 2 Chiis) and a postcard as well. And the good part? I can store my Taiwanese version of the Chobits manga inside the box, along with the Japanese version of Volume 8, the mousepad and postcard as well.

Chobits Manga: Taiwane Version
Lo and behold, this is the Taiwanese version of the Chobits manga. In any sense, it is definitely better than the Chuang Yi (Singapore) version. During my ex-Books Kino days, I found out that the Chuang Yi version actually has their dust cover like any other regular manga (plastic, waxy feel) but for the Taiwan version, it is actually made of paper so that it is unique. One reason why I don't buy Chuang Yi manga anymore is partly because they stole my idea, re-hash it and actually use it on their website without giving me credit. And the worse part of it? When I leave messages in their Guestbook and forum, they deleted it and when I asked about it, they claimed they did not delete any of my message at all. Really! This really pissed me off!! You can actually view the original version of my idea at Shrouded Anxiety: Zettai Kareshi manga fan site under the For Fans section. I actually thought of an idea for a near Cosplay event by asking fans to send it photos of them with their boy or girl friends, while pretending to cosplay as Riiko and Night from the Zettai Kareshi manga. Not too hard, right? Except that Chuang Yi took it a step further by asking readers of Chuang Yi manga to send it photos of not only with their boy or girl friends, but also of friends and family and there were some sucky prizes to be won...

Then, there was this time I was buying all these chinese manga magazines, and it was also partly because of the freebies that came with it. Check them out too:

My chinese wasn't that good, and moreover the freebie was clipped inside this Frontier magazine and I thought it was a plastic folder or something, so I bought it. I was a little disappointed but the magazine made up for it as there were a lot of illustrations that looked very CGI and I could actually scanned them into the pc and make some website or blog templates out of it.

I bought this copy of Margaret together with the Frontier magazine, so you can say I was double-6ed in this one. The poster is of a manga work which is drawn by a Taiwanese instead of a Japanese and the storyline is actually quite nice too, but then, it's a love story....

This copy of Shao Nian Man Hua came with a Sakura Wars mini jigsaw puzzle. Really mini, really disappointing and the fact that from far, this mini jigsaw puzzle doesn't even look like a jigsaw puzzle at all, more like a complimentary artwork from the author themselves...

This copy of Meng Meng came with a Fullmoon Wo Sagashite memo book, a Pochi folder and a little yellow LOVEWAN! pin badge. By far, this is the best of the freebies related to comics magazine as there were 3 freebies instead of the usual and regular 1 or 2 stingy freebies that came with it.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~