I e-meow U, U e-meow me‏

I received this in my e-mail from an old beloved acquaintance and thought I had to share it with everyone. A presumed e-mail excerpt from Ah Beng to Ah Lian. Hold your stomach 'cos it's hilarious!!


Dear Ah Lian

Thanks you for your letter. Wrong time no see you. How everything? For me, I am quiet find.

You say in your letter your taukeh soh want you to chain your look? Somemore you must wear kick kok soo, hope you can wok properly.

You know, Ah Kau Kia working in a soft where company now. Last week, he take I, Muthu & few of his friend to May Nonut to eat barger. After that he take we all go to kalah ok. Muthu sing and sing no stop until the sky bright.

Next week, my father mother going to sellerbread 20 years annie wear sari. My father mother go! ing to give a fist to all the kampong people. So you must come with your hole family.

I only hope one day we no need to write and send letter to you and to me. Better I e-meow you, you e-meow me. I will ketchup with you soon. And when you got time, please few free to call me. Goo bye.....

Worm regard,
Ah Beng


And for the rest of you who might not understand Singlish, here's a blow-by-blow (some pun intended!!) explanation on what some words meant:

taukeh soh = lady boss
kick kok soo = high heel shoes
Ah Kau Kia = name, literally, Kau means "dog" and Kia means "child"
May Nonut = McDonald
barger = burger
sellerbread = celebrate
annie wear sari = anniversary
kampong = kampung, where Singaporeans from around 1930s to 1980s
e-meow = email
ketchup = catch up
few free = feel free
Worm regard = warm regard

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~