Hospitalization...

12 January 2009




Baby Sighted

Well, I had to report to my surgery ward at 7:30 am the next day. The bus ride was uncomfortable, dumb idiot on the bus kept trying to rub his butt against mine. Until when I finally reached the hospital and while waiting to be checked in, I saw a nurse pushing a sleepy little bundle out of the nursery room.



Pre-Surgery Breakfast

Breakfast for my mother and wistful-looking and longing from my side...



Tucking In

Sigh... I wish I was the one eating that bowl of Yong Tau Foo...



Ward 53A

Admitted right next to the nursery room full of babies!! Nya~ Nya~


13 January 2009




More Babies Sighted

Just because I was out doesn't mean my camera phone can snapped more photos of the babies. Nya~ Nya~

Many thanks for Bei Bei, Ismail and Phoebe for coming down to visit me. Thank you for the card and present, that was very sweet~ ~ Nya~ Nya~


14 January 2009




Finally I'm Up

As soon as I'm up, I wasted no time in bitching to my moher about this old lady sleeping next to me. I asked for MY ceiling fan to be turned on as it was rather warm and stuffy. And guess what? That old lady mumbled that it was cold and wanted the nurses to switch off MY fan. Selfish behavior, all the way to the hospital, right? The On and Off issue carried on until she was carried away while trying to breathe through an oxygen mask. Now, if only she was a little nicer to someone who had came out of surgery and unable to walk properly, maybe that wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, that old lady understood English. So I simply said in English, loud enough for her to hear, that "she should stay at the C-class ward where the old folks there do not like to switch on the ceiling fan when they sleep!" I mean, come on! The reason why in the event when one have to stay at a hospital for surgery, he or she asked for a B2-class ward and above is to simply take the time to recuperate in a comfortable manner. And the old lady acted as if she owned ward 53A. Sheesh!


15 January 2009




Mother's Tales

My mother recounting to me about her C-section days. Back during when she gave birth to me at KK Hospital, the living conditions back in the 1980s weren't so nice and comfy, like what we have today. In a C-class ward back then, there would be close to 10 patients in a room and they all have to share one ceiling fan.

There was this particular woman at the ward where my mother was staying at after she gave birth to me. Also just as selfish, the woman claimed that it was freezing cold and requested the nurse to switch off the ceiling fan while the rest of the patients (all mothers in the ward) will have to sweat it out. Think that's it? You're wrong! Same selfish woman would then ask the nurse to draw the curtains around her, thus blocking her from the rest of the patients. And within the confines of her own bed area, this selfish woman would then turn on the table fan right next to her bed and chill away.

I really suspect this selfish woman could be the daughter of the selfish old lady sleeping next to me inside the hospital ward...


16 January 2009




Pig Liver with XO

Cook a bowl of pig liver and sliced ginger slices. After cooking, top it up with XO and eat. Don't mind the taste, but I mind the XO...



Company Hamper

Hamper from my company. And it was expected to arrive on the day I was discharged. But I still managed to receive it when it was changed to be delivered to my house instead of to the hospital.



Close up

A close-up shot of what's exactly inside the gift hamper. "Bird Net", Ginger Tea, Ovaltine, Cookies, yummy!!


17 January 2009




Pillow Back Support

Sitting straight kills my back and spine, so here comes the pillow!!



Magazine Time

Luckily, I bought quite a lot of magazines before I was hospitalized. So now, I can slowly browse through all of them. And that doesn't include the other 3 copies Phoebe bought for me while I was in hospital. Magazine time!!



Cat Nap

Okay, that was too much magazine to swallow at such short notice. Let me take a cat nap first before I carry on... Zzz...

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~