Missy Donut





When the donut craze hit Singapore last year, everyone joined the long queues to buy donuts, just to look hip and stylish. I mean, confectionary shops were already selling donuts way back during the 1980s and I remember eating them. Of course, back in those days, the topping choices for donuts were really quite limited, unlike now.





And of course, my mother, upon seeing the snaking queue at Missy Donut decided to "tempt" fate by asking if any one of us feel like having donuts and I promptly replied, "You siao ah! People queue, you also queue. For what? We can come back and buy when people got sick and tired of donuts and you can have all the time in the world to pick and choose what, right?" And for the umpteenth time, my mother was like, "Yah hor. How come I never think of that?"





Mothers, when they see long snaking queues, they always feel an impulse to join and buy. Dissuade your mother from doing so, as I don't see a point in following blindly with the crowd. You will never know, some teenagers can jammed up the queue by only buying one, not 2, and not even 6. But one donut. Like, duh? The last time Beard Papa first set up their outlet at Takashimaya Shopping Centre, everyone joined the queue just to look hip and trendy too.

But well, sorry, I'm not into joining an already long queue, unless the shop itself always enjoyed good business and there is no long to avoid a long queue, like Candy Empire which is located at Vivo City. Despite browsing around the shop in endless circles, the queue is still there, so there's no choice. But still, it's not like the puff or donut shop will suddenly close down for good after 2 - 3 months, so it's perfectly sane in my case to just simply wait it out, until when people lose interest (yes, damn teenagers and I'm guilty of doing stuffs like these when I was younger too!) and that is when I can gracefully waltz down, take my own sweet time.

And you know what else do I care about in this issue? If there's a long crowd, the quality won't be tip-top. The staffs will have to rush to push their products out and that is when you'll start complaining about how the vanilla cream custard in your Beard Papa puffs are watery and your green tea donuts from Missy Donut suddenly tastes so sweet you swear you can get diabetes on the spot. Give the staffs some moments to catch their breath too, people!!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~