iPhone Photo Effects


Instagram'med Spaghetti Bolognese


Instagram'med Stuffed Tomato



Frankly speaking, ever since the iPhone and it's variations are released, everyone's on a storm uploading their Instagram'med photos onto Facebook. And honestly, I do like turning my photos into Instagram-style, but I am rather stingy when it comes to forking out money to buy an iPhone just for the sake of downloading the Instagram app. So, what is Instagram all about?

Instagram is a free photo-sharing program and social network that was launched in October 2010. The service allows users to take a photo, apply a digital filter to it, and then share it with other Instagram users they are connected to on the social network as well as on a variety of social networking services. A distinctive feature is that it confines photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid images, in contrast to the 4:3 aspect ratio typically used by mobile device cameras.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram


In short, Instagram is just like an expensive version of many Lomo cameras combined into 1 app via the purchase and usage of an iPhone. True that there are quite a number of cool after-photo effects available on Instagram, instead of having to inididvudally buy separate lomo cameras just to achieve that effect you wanted or needed. Other than the hassle and trouble of uploading "Instagram'ed" inamges from a lomo camera.

But at the same time while showing off, what about those of us who either cannot afford an iPhone or refused to buy an iPhone just for the sake of Instagramming? Sounds like regular folks like us kinda lose out on a lot! But not, I assure you!

I've come across a wonderful website while trawling the vast Internet and have come up with a cheaper solution, without the use or purchase of an iPhone. No doubt you don't have an account on Instagram to glorified all your photos, but hey, it's cheap, and you have 1 less account to worry about in the long run, or mean time.

Introducing: Pixlr-o-matic at http://pixlr.com/o-matic/

This is an online Instagram-esque photo filters where you can upload photos you have taken and give them an "Instagram" effect. Those 2 photos above featuring a Spaghetti Bolognese and a Stuffed Tomato? Those are done using http://pixlr.com/o-matic/, not an iPhone. I'm still using my LG Ice Cream Phone, partly because of the "HD Camera" function as so claimed by the phone manufacturers.

So, how did you have fun with Instagramming your photos now with http://pixlr.com/o-matic/? Drop me a comment and let me know, so I can pop over to your blog/website and take a peek too!!

And before I'm done with this post of the day, humor me a little by taking a look at some other Instagrammed photos I've churned out and for the record, these 2 dishes in the photos below were not cooked by me, I found them on the Internet as well.


Instagram'med Lasagne Cupcakes


Instagram'med Lasagne Timpano

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

2 comments:

  1. I have Instagram on my phone, not iphone but I seldom use it. Too lazy to beautify my photo. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ EastCoastLife: Haha, I do agree with you that there will be iPhone users who might not be into the Instagram craze, glad to see that actually.

      Imagine every friend on your Friend List on Facebook doing that, it does make a non-iPhone user feel a little left-out somehow that everyone's doing something cool, and they are not.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~