Hospital, Coffee & Nail Art

I apologise for the non-existent updates for this blog and my Beauty Junkie Review blog yesterday. I went down to the hospital once more as my father had to go back in due to infections on his injuries. So, I'm going to consolidate yesterday's and today's post for -Chopsticks-. As for my Beauty Junkie Review blog, I think I'm still reeling from the after-effects of that Nature Slim Green that I gamely tried and hated on the spot. So, new reviews for my Beauty Junkie Review blog tomorrow instead.



So, my father had to go back to the hospital for another round of hospital stay due to the reason that his injuries were infected. I don't really understand how on earth can a bandaged wound get infected just like that? I still remember when I had surgery, my wound wasn't even anywhere near to the point of getting infected by anything, now I blame the surgeons responsible for the surgery -_-"


For a start, my father was located at the 8th level of the hospital. 8 is a lucky number for Chinese-speaking Asians, so, here's hoping that this lucky number prove to be lucky for him.


Apparently, after his wounds, stitches and everything was cleared up and re-stitched once more, nobody actually thought of bandaging his wounds back up. So, you can see bits of blood stains here and there. His skin was rubbing too much on the bed sheets so, back the bandages go. Should have forseen that earlier, KTP..


Finally, SMRT/TIBS representative showed up when my father had to go back into the hospital for a second time. Only the woman was in-charge of the talking/liase session, no frigging idea what those 2 men showed up there for, except to nod and nod and nod and nod... Took those piss-tards long enough to make a special grand appearance with regards to the bus incident regarding their irresponsible bus driver!


Didn't even realized that Khoo Teck Puat Hospital looked so nice. I kept hearing them on the news, read about them in the newspaper and I initially thought that the hospital would be those type of old 3 to 4 storey high buildings that oozes stuffiness. Turns out I was wrong. But then, it's a 10 minutes walk from the nearest MRT station (more SMRT crap again, with the train station) or a free Shuttle Bus ride away.


Only 3 towers here, but, the hospital overlooked a pond. Father complained that he's sick of lying in bed, so we pushed him out on a wheelchair to this area for a couple of cigarette smoke breaks.


Here's the pond, it does look nice and tranquil. The pace for the hospital staffs seemed rather okay, not that busy since it's only a good 3 towers. And it doesn't looked as if everyone's rushing because of an unseen armageddon scenario, there's still a touch of humanity in there, unlike the other hospital I was previously in. Rush, but still remember enough to catch a breath.


My father's bed by the window overlooks the foodcourt in hospital, and apparently, the food is so horrendous he only wants bread, butter and jam for his meals. Every evening, my mother would go visit him, then bring him down to the foodcourt to have a proper meal (o.o);



Well, the next day, I decided to go redeem my various goodies in a bid to brush away all the gloom and negativity. Nescafé Singapore was my first stop of the day, and seriously, the place to redeem my $50 hamper was all the way at Changi area. It's at the Northern side of Singapore, and I lived in the West area ^^; But when I opened up the "hamper" a.k.a bag, well, the trip was worth it in the end. Oh, the security guard at the building do annoy me though, asked for my Identification card in exchange for a visitor pass. And I ended up having to show my old résumé in order to redeem my hamper, I ended up feeling a little lame when redeeming my prize (>.<)


A big Nescafé bag with goodies inside, waka waka~


Nescafé Gold 3 in 1, Low Fat, 20 Stick Packs. A fantastic perk-me-up in the morning!


Nescafé Gold Pure Soluble Coffee (50g)


Nescafé Vintage Spoons, there's 4 spoons in there!!


It's Stainless Steel and Not For Sale. No worries there, you'll have to murder me to get this Nescafé hamper. Muah-ah-ah~


Looks Christmas-y, with the red box and green ribbon huh? The color red is what makes Nescafé so recognisable from a distance. Which brings us to... "What's in the box" surprise again! Honestly? I came up with the phrase and idea of "Surprise in a Box", my concept/idea got stolen by these Beauty Box subscriptions in Singapore and various beauty bloggers alike, and no one bothered to credit the originality back to me. Sad huh? They get upset when you re-use their images, but when they use your idea, no "Thanks for the idea/concept" at all. Sad blogosphere in Singapore :(


*opens! Ooh, there's something soft in there, it's to cushion something delicately fragile.


Nescafé teacup and saucer :o


Now, to store it and take it out for some admiration every now and then.



Second stop of the day, The Manhattan Pizza Company @ Orchard Central, Singapore. I gladly welcome MPC to Singapore. Knowing that not every single one of my family members appreciates or even like pizzas, except for me, it can sometimes gets rather frustrating when you want to order pizza, and end up having to finish everything all by yourself. At MPC Singapore, your pizza comes in the form of a Pizza Set Meal. Buy a slice with a drink, and it's less than S$10, guarantee no wastage on food at all. And I also got to exchange an e-mail voucher for a membership keychain, where I can get free upsize when I have daily cravings for MPC pizzas! But then, I should try out their pasta dishes as well, and it seems that their Papi's Pasta Combo is "Pasta of the Day". I love surprises when it comes to pasta, always new discovery when it comes to guessing what goes into your plate of pasta!!


Front of the keychain


Back of the keychain

I am definitely glad I was one of the early birds when requesting for this little goodie. Most interested consumers on Facebook apparently didn't receive their initial email from MPC and had to get their voucher re-emailed again. They probably forgot to check their Spam or Trash folder. Let's face it, I used to work for a bookstore where customers dropped in their name cards to be included in the mailing list. And guess what? If they don't like what they received in the first email, they automatically file that same company email address into their Spam or Trash folder and then claimed they didn't receive anything. Can't blame MPC if this scenario happens as well, since they are trying their best already!




And to end today's post, a DIY Marble Water Nail Art. Only 2 fingernails were to my liking, the rest didn't exactly turned out as I expected them to. And my initial color choices of black and dark wine red colors ended up at the bottom of the cup. So, my nails looked more like a Strawberry Sundae moment instead.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

2 comments:

  1. Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery. I assume that the bus company pays for the hospitalisation charges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ EastCoastLife: Thank you for the well wishes. So far, my brother is corresponding with the bus company, but I do hope so. After all, as I had previously mentioned, the traffic light was in his favor, not the bus. Therefore, it would be gracious of them to be responsible, in terms of hospitalization charges and his payroll, since he's the breadwinner of our family.

    Just hope that they can come to a decision soon enough, as they had been taking their own sweet time for all this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~