Because it's NTUC's Bring Your Own Bag Day

You see, the other day, I went to the supermarket with my mother to stock up on some daily necessities as we were both working the next day. And that meant that if we don't buy what we need, we would have to planned the market outing at least another 2 weeks later. Imagine our surprise when we saw so much people hanging around the supermarket even though it was a weekday.


Bring Your Own Bag Day


When we finally went to the cashier counter to pay for our stuffs, we saw an even stranger scene. All cashier counter queues were snaking with people around, waiting to pay for their items. Until my mother realizes what is going on. You see, the very next day is NTUC's Bring Your Own Bag day, where the entire supermarket will not be giving out plastic bags to shoppers. Instead, shoppers have to bring their own grocery bags.


Bring Your Own Bag Day


Seriously, it is a pathetic sight to behold. Remember 07 July 2007? Everyone who was featured or filmed on Singapore television was saying things like "Save the Earth!", "We must not use plastic bags" and stuffs like that. Look at the same situation 2 years later and this is what you get. Does this mean that singaporeans are a bunch of N.A.T.O's? No Action Talk Only? From what I saw at the supermarket, I assume so... And I am definitely disappointed, but at least I can congratulate myself on the fact that even though I never made such a promise, I am quietly trying to do much for this planet. Look out for people who go around claiming that they are pledging to "Save the Earth", 'cos in the long run, these same people will definitely be the ones polluting the Earth in further by using more plastic bags.




Remember to vote for me!!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~