White Gardenia





Well, my mother and I were just blindly window-shopping and as always, I was always piqued by the sweet scent wafting out of The Body Shop. And displayed right in front of the entrance is this Eau De Toilette, and as they were having a promotion then, my mother and I each bought a bottle each. It's 50ml (1.69 US FL OZ) and initially costs SGD29.90. But as I mentioned, they were having a promotion, we bought it at SGD19.90 per bottle.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm a spendthrift or whatever. As it depends on an individual's mood and feelings, no two person might wear the same perfume, so it makes sense to get one bottle each (it's a monthly trip to The Body Shop) and it makes even more sense to buy it when the item is on promotion.

But then, even if it's still selling for SGD29.90 without discount, I'd still buy it due to the reason that The Body Shop do not test their products on animals, unlike other beauty, facial or toiletries available on the market. And yup, I totally support this cause, besides, since humans are the ones putting on these stuffs on them, then it definitely makes sense if products like these are tried on humans instead of animals, isn't it?

If you find this a little difficult to stomach, then pretend you didn't read the last few lines. But still, I'd urge my readers to support shops, online or in shopping malls, that do not test products on animals. That's the way this planet is supposed to be.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~