Fireworks Extravanganza

Yup, Vivo City are having their usual fireworks and that makes it the third year I'm working at Vivo City now. I remember the first year during the Countdown on 31 December, everything at my ex-work place (Pacific Coffee Company) was really psyched up and on the ball. But when countdown was near approaching, we sort of lost our brains in the process:

Azahar: Yeah, new year coming. Everyone, go home. Now!

Pu Niao: Huh!? Happy and angry at the same time??

Azahar: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! GO HOME NOW!!

Pu Niao: ....


And as for this year, everyone at my current workplace is similarly hyped up as well, especially in my own department. My department supervisor was equally psyched up for the upcoming fireworks (happening at 9:15pm) until he felt totally crushed, no doubt thanks to my reminder:

Chay: Yeah! Fireworks, I want to watch. What shift am I in?

Pu Niao: Don't know wor... But am I working too?

Chay: Are you going to watch the fireworks too?

Pu Niao: Sort of, but mostly taking photos to put on my blog and share with my readers lor.

Chay: (upon checking schedule) Yeah! I'm working closing shift!!

Pu Niao: Er... That means you'll be working, so cannot watch any fireworks...

Chay: Huh!? @(&$@&$ (some choice swear words)

Pu Niao: .....

Chay: So where is the fireworks?

Pu Niao: Upstairs, at the amphitheatre

Chay: *^@$^@)$& (more choice swear words)

Pu Niao: Cannot watch, never mind. Can hear the fireworks, already good enough lar.

Chay: ..... (speechless moment due to the fact that he can't watch the fireworks)


Along comes Phoebe...

Phoebe: Eh? Got fireworks? I also want to watch!!

Pu Niao: What shift are you on??

Chay: ...*@&$@(&...

Phoebe: ....closing... (make a disappointed face)

Pu Niao: Never mind, listen to fireworks with Chay lah.

Phobe: Lucky you, work opening shift, can watch fireworks...

Pu Niao: Er... last year I think I was working closing wor...

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~