Memories of my Grandfather: Part 3





Here, you can see my grandfather giving out red packets (ang pow) on his birthday. And he's giving one to his eldest son and creepily enough, I always seemed to be included in every shot too! The lady which my grandfather had just passed is my uncle's (grandfather's eldest son) daughter. Really ungrateful mother and daughter! After they cheated my uncle into signing over the HDB flat deed to their name and cheating him of whatever money he had left, they simply kicked him out of the flat. Now, he's living in an old folk's home. Homeless, penniless, kinless. Time can really changed a person, but for your own immediate family to changed so much and dramatically, that's insane. I hope they had their come uppance and I do believe in karma.

The boy in blue t-shirt, towards the bottom right of the photo is my older cousin (son of my grandfather's eldest daughter). He's half peranakan (mother's chinese, father is peranakan baba) and we always call him 'Malay boy'. He has this tendency to stick 2 fingers behind my head too, which you all are going to be able to see as I post more and more older photos of myself when I was a baby.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~