What's that sitting on the wall?

Well, this incident happened during my grandmother's funeral. For Asians, especially Singaporean Chinese, whenever a family member or relative passed away, we would hold the wake at the void deck where the deceased used to live. Back then, I used to live at Tiong Bahru (didn't really like the flat, gives me the creeps all the time) and it was quite an old neighbourhood to be exactly. What I do know that on the 2nd night of the wake, two of my uncles went up to my grandfather's flat to use the toilet (back in the good old days, portable toilets were not available then). On their way to the toilet, they passed by the first bedroom that is adjacent to the living room (coincidentally, that was the room my parents occupy before we moved out) and saw this old lady with her white hair plastered all over her face, sitting against the wall (almost like sitting on an invisible chair that has been nailed to the wall). Without so much exchanging of any words or opinions, my two uncles freaked out, ran out of the flat and refused to go back until daybreak. Finally, someone in the family deduced that my dead grandmother might have came back for a last look at her family and along the way, decided to play a prank on my two uncles as I have heard that they were quite mischievous when they were young.

Another incident involved me personally, at my grandfather's house (where my dead grandmother used to lived). I remembered I was around 11 or 12 yeard old and once every month, my family would go over to my grandfather's house to visit him (partly to check up on him as he's old) and I recalled jumping onto my grandfather's bed out of fun. What happened next really freaked me out!! As soon as I landed on my grandfather's bed, I immediately felt several fingernails poking my butt. I'm definitely sure it's not the coils on the mattress that's doing the poking as the bed and mattress is quite new. The poking went on for a few seconds, stopped and resumed again repeatedly until I got off the bed. Throughout the entire ordeal of being poked, I can feel that the poker is trying it's very best to poke through the mattress. That is the other reason why I don't like my grandfather's house. Spooky, creepy and the best, or should I say, worst part? My grandmother's portrait is hung in the living room and whenever I stepped into the living room, I had this distinct feeling that she is looking right at me, from the portrait. Like as if she's living inside the portrait itself...

As for my own personal experiences at work, there are way too much to talk and explain here, but I promise I will share them all in my future posts. Meanwhile, check out Strange Days: Paranormal Stories From The UK And Beyond for other strange paranormal stories to whet your appetite.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~