Manners In The Library

Last Saturday (26 May), I went to the BPJ Community Library in search for some magazines to borrow and read to pass the time on weekends. But instead, my day was marred by this rude teenage boy who seemingly doesn't know how to behave at all. I was browsing through the magazines at the magazine rack when this stupid bastard came over to look at the books, which I happened to be leaning on. Since he had the courtesy to say "Excuse Me", of course I definitely would have to shift to the next shelf to carry on browsing my magazine. But what happened next left me fuming mad. This stupid bastard played his MP3 phone and created such a bloody ruckus with his MP3 songs (it was playing Rihanna's "Unfaithful") that it was totally impossible to read my magazine in peace. I mean, who the bloody fucking hell would want to go to a library and listen to your selection of R&B and pop songs when all everyone wanted was to read a book, magazine or newspaper in quiet? Isn't what the library is supposed to be? Quiet and peaceful? Instead this stupid bastard carried on with his MP3 phone music despite repeated attempts to get him to shush. I tried the sarcastic comment (I said "Buay Zi Dong!" meaning "don't know how to be automatic"), to staring at him. It seemed to work for a while, at least. But you know what he did next, he purposely walked over to my side and purposely knocked into me as hard as he can to get to the Travel book shelf. If you think I'm being presumptious, don't get me wrong! Since he was facing the book shelf I was leaning on, his left side was seeming empty with no one blocking him at all, instead this stupid bastard walked over to his right side, where I was leaning at so that he could bumped into me as hard as he could. Without so much as an fucking apology, he proceeded to turn and stared at me before walking off. And naturally, I yelled back at him: "Fucking Bastard!" and he replied me with something like: "Fuck off!" and walked off to the Travel book shelf. I yelled back again, telling him: "Don't be so inconsiderate!". But he simply ignored me. So in desperation, I went up to the counter and told the librarian my problem and right at the counter was another library user who commented to the librarian that there was this stupid kid who was walking around the library playing his music loudly. At least there's justice done. I mean, come on people! You go to the library for some peace and quiet so that you can do your homework or read a book, magazine, newspaper in peace and you are going to let an inconsiderate library user, what more a teenager, disrupt the peace and quiet which you are supposed to be entitled to? Stand up and fight for your right! A library is meant to be a peaceful and quiet place to read, study, revise and think, not some fast food restaurant where you talk and shout at the top of your lungs and let perfect strangers know some girl ditched you, the teacher scolded you or stuffs like that? Why not for a moment, imagining me talking loudly and non-stop beside you in the library, while you are trying to revise for your exams or tests? Would you feel pissed off at me? I'm possibly sure you would. Simply put, I'm terribly disappinted at the teenagers of Singapore today who doesn't have any consideration or manners, despite studying so much. Although I know most teenagers are not like that, but please, together we can fight inconsiderate library users into behaving or least put them to shame. So, for all of you who are standing on my side, please do so with pride and the fact that you should be entitled to enjoy a peaceful environment at the library anytime you wanted to!!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~