God Help The Outcasts

Just yesterday, I popped this old Disney collections CD into my CD player and after a while, this song 'God Help The Outcasts' came on. It never fails to bring a tear to my eyes whenever I hear this song played. And I though all people are supposed to be equal in the eyes of the Almighty. Here's the lyrics to share with everyone:

I don't know if You can hear me
Or if You're even there
I don't know if You would listen
To a gypsy's prayer
Yes, I know I'm just an outcast
I shouldn't speak to You
Still I see Your face and wonder
Were You once an outcast too?

God help the outcasts
Hungry from birth
Show them the mercy
They don't find on earth
God help my people
We look to You still
God help the outcasts
Or nobody will

I ask for wealth
I ask for fame
I ask for glory
To shine on my name
I ask for love I can possess
I ask for God
And His angels to bless me

I ask for nothing
I can get by
But I know so many
Less lucky than I
Pleae help my people
The poor and downtrod
I thought we all were
The children of God
God help the outcasts
Children of God

It's like in a world today, with so much wars and terror going on. It's really time to look up to God and ask for His help and to ask questions upon ourselves as well. Why was the atomic bomb invented? Are wars supposed to make us co-exist with our neighbouring nations? Are the existence of terrorists supposed to make us all band together and allow no evil thoughts and ideas to get the better of us all? Are massacres supposed to happened to make us realise that a little tolerance and a helping hand is all that takes to avoid sadness? Are evil people the likes of Hitler supposed to make us realised that everyone of us is not much different from the other? Is sadness and sorrow the only way to make people stop fighting over little minuscule things like some island China and Japan is fighting about? Are all these things supposed to happen to make us all realise that nothing belongs to us all in the first place, but to God the creator? Why?

And in return, we must realise that when we have wealth, we should use it to help the less fortunate. With fame, we should use it to spread the word to help one another. With glory, we should realise it's gained on someone else's mishape. With blessings, we should acknowledge that we should also give blessings to someone who might need it in the form of a simple act of understanding or maybe tolerance. Sometimes, we shouldn't look at things at the usual perspective but at another angle. Some things do happen for a reason and we should see what it is all about. You might be rich, but the wealth is not really meant for you to enjoy alone.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~