Wild / Dr. by Namie Amuro

Not only did I buy Detroit Metal City CD, but along the way, I also kept a lookout for Namie Amuro's new released single. You may not know it, but I always buy every single CD, album CD and concert DVDs of Namie Amuro whenever I popped by Orchard HMV. Yup! I went from scorning her to becoming her biggest fans. Reason for the scorned part? She was quite a sex kitten back during her younger days and sex kittenish J-pop artistes were practically blooming everywhere, trying to outdo every rival in the business. And for me, the music counts, not how hot or flashy or sexy the artiste is. If your music is awesome, even if you're dressed like a hillbilly, you will still earned my respect. But if you're going to be an artiste that churns out CD after CD without any care for the music you sing, then bye bye..



Proof that I got this at SGD16.95. Haha...




Back of the CD




Front cover of the CD booklet




Inside the CD booklet, lyrics and song credits




Music CD for Wild/Dr.




Music Video CD for Wild/Dr.


Anyway, here's my thoughts for this single album. Prior to this single being releases, Namie's music has always be geared towards Pop, then followed by Hip Hop inspired. And it's always been a pleasure and the fact that her 60s70s80s single is a success proved that she always try to break the boundaries in terms of music. But for this Wild/Dr. single album, I'm feeling somewhat mixed partly because the feel of the music and the tempo is fast-paced (as always, I suppose) but the music videos are really futuristic and I think I'll need to listen to it a couple more times before I get the hang of what the music is truly trying to tell me. Meanwhile, here's vids of the 2 songs that are on this Wild/Dr. album.


Namie Amuro - Wild - Official Music Video

Music Video: Wild by Namie Amuro



Concept of Dr. video:

"The video’s story is set in the year 3000 on an Earth that has been reduced to ruins by weapons of mass destruction and environmental destruction. An animated alter-ego of Amuro is the lone survivor who wants to restore the once beautiful planet. She attempts to “convey a message of ‘world peace’ that transcends time” to the 21st century through a time-slip. A girl living in the present (as represented by another alter-ego of Amuro) receives that message of world peace."


Anyway, the song and video for Dr. conveys a message that everyone of us know so well. It's been said so many times and yet people don't give a damn about it, only to regret what they have done. So before our planet looks like this in future, we should give it our best to care for it, or at least slow down the damage we are doing to the planet we're leaving on. If not, someone would have to invent a time machine so that we can all "slip back" into the past to right the wrongs we do.




Remember to vote for me!!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~