How to better increase your backlinks

According to Wikipedia, backlinks are:


Backlinks (or back-links (UK)) are incoming links to a website or web page. In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (though other measures, such as PageRank, are likely to be more important). Outside of SEO, the backlinks of a webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is paying attention to that page.

In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node (Björneborn and Ingwersen, 2004). Backlinks are also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links.


But in simple terms, backlinks occur when you leave a comment at someone's blog which you have visited. You will need to type in your name, e-mail (for some blogs you need to and for some it's not really necessary) and your blog or website address. A simple way to have more backlinks to your own blog is to first leave a comment, most notably a thoughtful one, at another blogger's blog comments. And although for every 10 blogs you commented on, maybe only 1 will comment back at your blog. And for every 100 blogs you commented on, 10 might comment back on your blog and so on and so forth.

So, I hereby urge bloggers out in the blogosphere to leave a comment whenever you visit a blog. I know it's hard to leave a really thoughtful comment when there are so many blog posts, but look around the blog for a blog post or blog topic that really sparks your interest and then comment about it, or comment about your views. And most importantly, at least try not to impose any word verification or only bloggers with an account can post comments settings. In this way, you'll encourage more bloggers aned visitors to leave valuable comments. Some can be constructive while some are good at suggesting what your next blog post or topic might be about. And in a way, it's a good thing.

Although I might realise this option a little late, but a little late is better than never at all. For the first step at all my blogs, I have already removed the word verification or only bloggers with an account can post comments settings, and as stated at one of my previous post, Entrecard Top Droppers, I still leave the comment moderation on and it's due to 2 reasons. One is to filter out any spam that might appear at my blog and the other reason is so because when in an event that I get a lot of constructive comments, I can approve one first then reply to it before approving the next one and then replying to it, one at a time. It sounds more polite and also says that I valued my visitors comments in a way that I am taking time to comment back to each and every post they have commented to my blog.

So in a sense, I have taken the first step in letting my visitors, whether they have a blogspot account, to have a chance to comment about my blog posts/topics. Now's your turn. Remember, comment and comment. Because in a way, bloggers in the blogosphere are helping one another to improve their backlinks rating. I've taken my first step, how about you?

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~