Ichiban Sushi

Initially last week, my mother commented that "one fine day, we should go have sushi for breakfast when me and my father happened to have the day off on the same day". And being the over-zealous sushi lover, we each check out our own individual work schedule and ound out that we are both free and available on the 28th March. So, Ichiban Sushi, here we go!!




Salmon Kabuto Miso

Salmon Head Miso Soup

サ-モンかぶと味噌





Spicy Salmon Carpaccio

Salmon Sushi with Spicy Sauce

スパイシ-サ-モンカルパシチヨ





Kajiki Sashimi

Swordfish

かじき刺身





Anago Sushi

あなご寿司





Salmon being prepared on the cutting board





Waiting for more raw fish sushi to "make its appearance" on the sushi conveyor belt





Salmon Cheese Sushi (top right)

サ-モンチス寿司

Tuna Cheese Sushi (bottom left)

まぐろチス寿司


We also ordered (with pictures as we ate them faster than I could snap a photo) Chuka Iidako [Seasoned Mini Octopus] (中华いいだこ), Chuka Hotate [Seasoned Scallop] (中华ほたて) and Maguro [Tuna] Sashimi (まぐろ刺身). It has really been so many years since we last ate Maguro. The previous time, I read in the newspapers that some unscrupulous fishermonger attempted to sell raw horse meat and tried to pass them off as maguro instead. I'm definitely glad the maguro a.k.a raw horse meat didn't make its way to Singapore at all, as the last time I ever bought maguro sushi home was when I was around 19 or 20 years old (just out of school and in the working force). The only time I actually heard the word "raw horse meat"is when I am watching Japanese anime and the characters dialled to their local pizzaria for horse meat pizza. I wonder if they really sell such stuffs in Japan though?



Your Ad Here

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~