Chinatown Sight Seeing..


This is a memorable sight for me as I always remember going to Chinatown when I was a kid and this is the first building that always awed me. To me when I was still little, I was always wondering how on earth can someone build such a building like this for anyone to live in...



Chinatown Complex Temporary Market and Food Centre. All the stalls here were originally from Chinatown Complex, which is still undergoing renovations now. This is the place where tourists and foreigners to Singapore should go to for delicious, yummy and cheap food. There's this other long stretch of food stalls just somewhere near Chinatown complex that claims to sell authentic Singapore food in which it doesn't really taste authentic and the food is expensive, almost similar to food court prices in shopping centres. Tourists and foreigners should go to Chinatown complex where the food is really authentic and cheap..



S.E.X In The City shop which seems very out of place. I'm afraid Chinatown will one day become similar to Joo Chiat and Geyland where sex workers ply the streets, trying to pick up customers for sexual encounters. Shops like this should seriously be banned from heritage locations like Chinatown as it mars the atmosphere and feeling of what Chinatown used to be like.



Way before renovation for this particular stretch of place began, it used to be just like any ordinary road where there are shop houses plyin on both ends of the street. Come Lunar Chinese New Year season, this stretch of road will be lined with stalls on both sides of the road with shops selling all types of Lunar New Year stuffs, like CNY decorations, festive tidbits and goodies and the God of Fortune [财神爷] would "patrol" around blessing people along the way.



I had originally planned to walk around some more and take more pictures until th sky decided to do the "showers of blessings" (read: rain) and my photo-taking was abruptly cut short. Sigh~ ~ ~ Next time, I'll definitely take more photos to share with my readers. I just hope it won't rain, that's all...





Your Ad Here

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

2 comments:

  1. The last time I went to Chinatown, it was Lunar New Year, and I got my wallet picked.

    *grrrr*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~