Hiruscar Anti Acne Range Review [Sponsored]

This review is proudly sponsored and brought to you by Sample Store. Any external images, if used, solely belong to their respective owners and not to me. I only re-link and use them as part of this review.


Note that all views presented here are of my own and whether the product is sponsored or not, it's honest throughout. Only that effects will vary on the individual when applied.


Before I start off with anything, kindly allow me to share about my previous acne woes a couple of years back. Basically, my pimples love to stay as an angry big red spot on my face where it will take weeks before it finally figures out what it was supposed to do. Normal pimples roughly take at least a week, if longer, just a week and a half before it turned from a red spot to a yellow-head spot, got busted and essentially healed up in under a week leaving only a small acne scar to remind us to be more mindful when taking care of our skin. But mine, my pimple just essentially turned into an idiot where it literally swelled up to a large red angry blob. And make itself unwelcome on my skin for almost 2-3 weeks long. Don't ask me why my pimples are jerks or douchebags, I seriously don't know. All I am aware of the fact that due to my pale as a ghost complexion, such big angry red pimple blobs (if that is even the politically correct way to address an unwelcome and angsty pimple) literally makes it presence unwelcome for weeks on end, and it really does a huge damage to my self-esteem, to be awfully honest.


And trust me when I said I have tried everything, from home remedies I found on the Internet, to guzzling more plain water than the recommended intake, to drugstore products. Sometimes, I luck out cos I happened to drink a little more plain water or get a little more sleep, hence making it seem like whatever I am trying at the moment seemed to work. But most times, it's just a monthly gig for the pimples on my face to do it's worst. The heck! In fact, the appearance of such pimples on my face is even more regular than my menstruation cycle =_=" Although, at the end, I am seriously thankful that these annoying pimples didn't leave ugly and unsightly looking scars on my face despite its initial red, huge spot that first showed up.


But now, I can actually say Adiós Amigo to these annoying pesky pimples from being jerks anymore, thanks to this Hiruscar Anti Acne Range.


Hiruscar Anti Acne Range


What is this Hiruscar Anti Acne Range. you may wonder? Do kindly allow me to explain in Hiruscar's words:


Hiruscar Anti-Acne is a dermatological skin care formulated especially for acne prone skin. It is lightweight and is quickly absorbed into the skin. Our products are also gentle and does not dry out your skin. It can be conveniently used under makeup! It contains MPS (Mucopolysaccharide Poly-Sulphate) for maintaining skin moisture, Aloe Vera to soothe redness and salicylic acid for its anti-acne benefits.


And you know what? Number 1 is that, upon using this range, you can see acne improvement in as little as 2 days. It reduces pimples and lightens spots without drying the skin. And number 2, my skin has been pimple-free for the past several months now, so I was a nervous wreck prior to writing this review. I mean, how on earth am I supposed to showcase this anti-acne range without a pimple on my face. Lo and behold! A pimple finally decided to grace its appearance on my face just roughly 3 days ago. So yeah, um, Sample Store, my humble apologies for this slow-poke blog post. I sincerely blame my skin for the lack of a pimple until just a few days back. (Yeah, blame the pimple!! >_<)


Step 1: The Cleansing

Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser

A look at the ingredients of this cleanser, for those of you who need to know what goes in there :D


Hiruscar's Anti-Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser contains:

  • Salicylic Acid - Sloughs away dead skin cells
  • Aloe Vera - Soothe redness
  • MPS (Mucopolysaccharide polysulphate) - Maintains skin moisture
  • Moringa Seed Extract - Removes impurities & protects skin from pollutants
  • Sebum Controller - A complex of amino acid, vitamin complex, zinc gluconate and caffeine to reduce excess sebum on skin


This cleanser is a gentle formulation that deeply cleanses without drying the skin, while at the same time removes excessive dirt and sebum and balances the skin’s moisture.


Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser

You can see from the image above that this cleanser is in a clear gel formula. And the best part? This cleanser is a sulfate-free, oil-free and coloring-free formulation. Don't believe me when it's absolutely sud-free (to make all the terms seem even simpler)? Go on and check out the giphy image I've uploaded just below.



Verdict: And I rub and dub, and rub-a-dub-dub like my life depended on it, and Voilà! No suds a.k.a sulfate-free. And true to its claim, my skin doesn't feel oily immediately and hours after using the cleanser despite the fact that my skin tend to get a little more oily and "glossy-looking" since my body heat tend to be a little higher than normal folks. And don't get me started on the scent of the fresher at the same time. This cleanser smells so fresh. imagine freshness like a beautiful warm day when the sun decides to go a little easy on the rays and you can see yourself strolling through a field of flowers. minus the sweating that usually comes with it. My face actually felt clean, not the squeaky clean effect. But more like the freshly cleansed but still looking boing-boing type of clean. And as I previously mentioned, my body heat tend to be a little higher than normal people, so most mornings after I wake up, my face looks as if I was stuck ina sauna room a little too long.


Step 2: Tone & Moisturize

Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Serum

A look at the ingredients of this serum, for those of you who need to know what goes in there :D


Hiruscar's Anti-Acne Pore Purifying Serum contains:

  • Salicylic Acid - Sloughs away dead skin cells
  • Aloe Vera - Soothe redness
  • MPS (Mucopolysaccharide polysulphate) - Maintains skin moisture
  • Chamomile Extract - Soothe and condition irritated skin
  • Artichoke Extract - Prevents dryness and enhances skin’s moisture
  • Allium Cepa - Antiseptic extract which prevents scar proliferation
  • Larycil - Mushroom extract that has astringent, pore tightening and moisturizing
  • effects


This serum is a light-weight moisturizer for acne prone skin that reduces excessive sebum which can cause acne formation. It tightens pores and actually has a light and non-greasy texture.


Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Serum

You can see from the image above that this serum is runny in texture (the first time my hand didn't shake so much during a hand-based photo shoot :D ) and is milky colour. This serum is a lightweight moisturiser with a unique formulation that is light and non-greasy, which ensures fast skin absorption. Colorant-free and alcohol free so you can be rest assured that it won't leave a milky-white stain on your skin after usage and because it is alcohol-free, our skin won't feel that weird dryness that is present in products such as sun lotion, to quote for example.



Verdict: The serum is more runny than the cleanser, but at the same time, it glides onto my skin rather well due to it's runny texture. As for the scent, I was a little surprised when I detected a slight herbal scent, rather "contradicting" when compared to the cleanser's fresh scent. Not that it's bad in my opinion, although on a personal basis, I was still thinking it should smell fresh as well. Bottom line, I'm not too concerned with its herbal scent, unless it's the sour and funky type :P On a personal basis, I love the fact that the serum is so lightweight in texture, it doesn't feel as if I have to take forever to keep gently rubbing into my skin just for it to be absorbed. This serum definitely stayed true to its promise of ensuring fast absorption. Immediately and hours after application, my skin still doesn't look oily or have that weird oily sheen most moisturising serum does.


Step 3: Treat (Woohoo! The hero of the range!! *inserts superhero humming*)

Hiruscar Anti Acne Spot Gel

A look at the ingredients of this spot gel, for those of you who need to know what goes in there :D


Hiruscar's Anti-Acne Spot Gel contains:

  • Salicylic Acid Sloughs away dead skin cells
  • Aloe Vera - Soothe redness
  • MPS (Mucopolysaccharide polysulphate) - Maintains skin moisture
  • Vitamin C - Lighten dark marks
  • Chamomile Extract - Soothe and condition irritated skin
  • Artichoke Extract - Prevents dryness and enhances skin’s moisture
  • Allium Cepa - Antiseptic extract which prevents scar proliferation
  • Larycil - Mushroom extract that has astringent, pore tightening and moisturizing effects


This spot gel help reduces acne problems like blackheads, whiteheads & pimples while salicylic Acid for anti-acne benefits. What's more, it contains Vitamin C derivative to lighten acne spots and dark marks while MPS helps to maintain skin’s moisture.


Hiruscar Anti Acne Spot Gel

You can see from the image above that this spot gel has a slightly thick texture and clear in colour.



Verdict: This spot gel felt a little cooling when I applied it to my pimple and since pimple(s) tend to look red and angry, therefore it contains a little heat. This results in pimple(s) ripening into a yellowish spot that irks at you to pop it, because it is human nature to pop pimples when it finally turned yellow in what seemed like forever. Hence, the slight cooling effect actually helps in calming down the "heatiness" of a pimple. As for the scent, once again, it smells herbal although the scent is really faint. What I personally so love about this spot gel is that it is clear in color. This means that if you need to put on makeup prior to stepping out of the house, you don't need to spend extra time and effort (and wasting makeup) to ensure that pesky little pimple which has been covered in skin-tone color gel looks the same skin color tone as the rest of your face. I'm sure many of you regular readers of my blog would have read about my experience with this particular pimple cream brand that starts with the capital letter O that looks so orangey on my skin that either I have to slap on extra layers of powder or simply don't apply it. Yep. This is one of the many reasons(s) why I call this product the hero of the range. Immediately and a few hours later after application, there was no after-oily sheen seen at all on my pimple.


Pimple Alert! The pimple I got before trying out this Anti-Acne range. Also, pardon for my crappy selfie shots, not really a selfie-type of person XD

Before

The only pimple that is visible on my entire face is this little one just a couple of centimetres away from my mouth. I tend to get pimple at all these weird places... bleh!


Pimple Yellow Head

The lone pimple finally sprouting a yellow head. Honestly, my pimples were never this "well-behaved" prior to using this anti-acne range. So yeah, this is definitely a brand you need to check out if you have acne woes :D


After

Weird-looking selfie shot specifically taken in the late afternoon near the kitchen window to emphasize the disappearance of this pimple. (Wakakaka~) Woohoo!!


Where to buy Hiruscar Anti-Acne Range products?


You can buy these wonderful products at either Watsons or Guardian Pharmacy outlets, depending on whether you have a Watsons membership card or a PAssion card for Guardian Pharmacy outlets :P And the prices are actually affordable, I mean come on, it's a little price to pay to get rid of pimples fast, effectively and without scarring wor~


  • Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser - S$14.90
  • Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Serum - S$39.90
  • Hiruscar Anti Acne Spot Gel - S$19.90 (This hero costs only S$19.90 *grins* )

Alternatively, you can redeem a sample over at Sample Store by clicking this link


I will also update this post again within a week to see if the pimple shows back up or if there's any side effects as it's just too soon and early to..um.. celebrate. Considering my issue with pimples :D


Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~