Mushroom Omelette

Yes, it's been a while since I've been blogging over here. Most times, I've been blogging daily on my other beauty review blog (Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews). Reason being one of my blog post for a local competition was plagiarized and the offender took my ideas, rewrote it for his own. And actually won the competition by stealing my ideas. Disastrous huh? And I thought local bloggers who are slightly more famous than us regular folks would have known a little manners regarding the copy and paste issue, but it seems not.


Hence, I decided to stop blogging for a while to prevent someone else from plagiarizing my hard work without knowing about it. Only to see that same blogger's blog getting plugged and showcased once more, no doubt, content and writing being stolen from another random clueless blogger once again. A dear facebook friend actually commented that he wouldn't know that he has pissed me off. But I was thinking more of not letting that offender know about it. If he knows, wouldn't he be on his guard in future and drastically change the writing style so it would look as if he's the actual brains behind the post when in fact, it's a plagiarized post again?


And I thought our own local "almost-famous" blogger, Dawn Yang would have been the first and probably the last person to do any blog content plagiarizing. But turns out, there's a male counterpart that does exactly what she does, huh? Kinda sad someone has to steal another blogger's ideas and content just to win something he can probably afford, judging from his latest blog post on a Lunar New Year dish called "Pen Cai". And from the items in it, it does look like he can afford to buy such delicacies which makes me wonder how desperate he is to win something to the point of stealing someone else's hard work and winning it without a sense of shame and guilt? It didn't help that the organizers of that contest failed to see that his post was stolen from my ideas, which meant he should be disqualified for it. But instead, they let him win. Can see local companies do love siding with content plagiarizers, and not the original writers for it..


But enough of that retarded plagiarizer. Let's take a look at today's post instead: Mushroom Omelette. As I am currently authoring a beauty review blog, I tend to poke around other famous people's blogs on some DIY stuffs that I can share with my dedicated readers and fans alike. Some stuffs are rather unknown, so it is a pleasure to be able to find gems like that and share it with everyone else. And along the way, I came across Michelle Phan's DIY post about using both egg white and egg yolk as a beauty regime.


And for those of you unsure who Michelle Phan is, let me tell you, she's one of my beauty hero on the vast Internet. Who exactly is Michelle Phan? As quoted from her website over at http://michellephan.com:


Michelle Phan made her YouTube debut in 2007, and has since become the #1 YouTube "Beauty Guru". Phan has directed, produced and starred in over 220 videos that have been viewed over 653,556,139 times, making her the #19 rated channel on YouTube with 2.2 million subscribers. In 2010, Phan became a spokesperson for Lancôme Paris.


Her beauty tutorials are known for Phan's sanguine disposition and ethereal video style that incorporates both on-camera and voice over instruction with music and inspirational text subtitles. She is committed to producing premium beauty and fashion tutorials.


Phan's philosophy is to not only teach everyday women how to apply makeup, but to show how makeup can help empower them. She has graced the pages of Vogue, Vanity Fair, Nylon, Forbes, and Seventeen Magazine. Ever the entrepreneur, Phan has also launched FAWN, a YouTube original channel, and debuted her first jewelry line, Ever Eden by Michelle Phan. She is also the co-founder of beauty social networking site IPSY.COM


For an American-Vietnamese, she has done wonders and brought pride not only to Vietnamese but also to us Asians. Not bad for someone who started out posting YouTube videos on makeup tutorials and yet still be humble about her success. She was previously in Singapore too. But then, I kinda missed that Michelle Phan related event :( I would kill to be able to see her up-close, even if it's only for a good 5 minutes.


Anyways, one of her DIY beauty regime includes using egg white and egg yolk for use as a facial mask and moisturizing purposes. And with the leftover egg white and yolk, she decided to use them to cook with mushrooms, called Mushroom Omelette. So, I decided to try making my own Mushroom Omelette, with much thanks to Michelle Phan's ideas. I knew eggs can be turned into omelettes, but my omelette knowledge consists of egg + tomatoes and egg + prawns only. Well, thank you very much indeed, Michelle Phan. You are not only a makeup guru, but also a genius chef too!!



So, I sliced some mushrooms I found in the fridge. And since I adore mushrooms, I decided to slice in 2 big mushrooms and beat in 3 eggs together :D Yes, of course there's salt and pepper in it to taste too.



And lately, I am in love with wholemeal bread, as opposed to plain white bread. Well, my mother buys the bread, so as kids, we just ate what she bought. But personally, I find plain white bread, rather plain somehow. Unlike wholemeal bread, you can eat it on it's own and it's much more healthier, in terms of eating option.



Since I was particularly lazy, I decided to try heating up my bread in a skillet instead of using a regular bread toaster for it. Too much oil, I guess :/



I am not a good omelette cook, so my omelette are mostly decent looking. It doesn't look too dry and I did add in some milk to the egg so it will end up a little more "creamy and fluffy", as adding milk to eggs before cooking seems to be a popular method on Japanese cooking shows. Oh, butter instead of oil too. So the end result will be a creamy and fluffy omelette, instead of a dry omelette.



Well, end result is... watery omelette. But hey, at least the omelette is thoroughly cooked. And who knows how long Japanese chefs need to cook omelettes before they can progress to cooking other stuffs. At least I am cooking this Mushroom Omelette for myself, not a bunch of customers I may never see in future anymore.



What can I say? Mushroom Omelette is my newly discovered method of omelette cooking. Glad I decided to look around Michelle Phan's blog for some DIY beauty stuffs :D


Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~