To Apologise Or Not?

Part of me wants to apologise for using expletives and not asking for permission to use copyrighted images. Another part of me refused to because my reputation has been ruined even after I took down the copyrighted cartoons from my blog and Photobucket album. And then I received an email from this person called Cheong Kai Yoi explaining with great detail about how Iskander and I shouldn't be having a "slamming war". In the email, Cheong Kai Yoi had expressed that Iskander emailed me first and that "why not try sending raiha-evelyn a mail again and explained thoroughly and carefully why you wouldn't want your cartoons on anyone else's blog. Who knows, maybe raiha-evelyn might really want to offer an apology for you?" Such a gracious person and it looks like Cheong Kai Yoi won't seem to be taking sides too. Here's a screen cature of Cheong Kai Yoi's email:



I seriously don't know. If Iskander emailed me, maybe I should really consider giving an apology. Admittedly, it is really my fault and mistake that I should have asked for permission first before using the cartoons. But then, Iskander claimed that I said the cartoons belong to me and it is my property, in which it wasn't true at all. I just simply re-posted onto my blog with Iskander's name and URL still intact. Furthermore, I used it without permission and he claimed that I got angry when caught stealing". And to put matters right, I didn't get angry when "caught stealing", the reason I was angry was because Iskander sent 10 identical messages to my emails and forum account. In which 6 of the comments left on the blog consists of block letters. In Internet etiquette, using block letters is equivalent to shouting and yelling at someone. Iskander should have sent 1 comment first, wait for a day. And it his cartoons are still on my blog, then send another email to either one of my email accounts. This is the true professional way of asking a request, not using block letters and re-sending them 10 times. It is quite irritating when you get the same identical message countless times.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~