Prata Pizza

Ever since I tried my first pizza back in school, (complimentary of a classmate's boyfriend ^^; ), I wasn't that hooked onto it. You see, television commercials tend to make even the blandest and most uninteresting things look like it's a must-have despite you yourself knowing you need not be in a rush to get it. It's just that within each and every person, we all have that same desire to want to be able to possess the newest and sparkling brand new toy. If someone else have it, so shall I.


Although luckily for me, it's not that case. Take the example of hair coloring. Just a few years after I was fresh out of Secondary school, the J-wave (a.k.a Japanese influence, such as J-pop, J-rock, J Visual Kei, J-Drama, Manga, Anime, etc) was still strong, it was rather fashionable to color one's hair totally blond and un-Asian like. All in a bid to emulate one's own favorite J-pop, J-rock or J Visual Kei idol. And unfortunately for me, I just couldn't see what the fuss is all about. It's just changing one's hair color in the end, but without changing the color of the eyebrow as well. That's pretty much a big tell tale sign that one isn't really Caucasian, since it's really weird to see a full head of blond hair paired but black eyebrows.


And unluckily for me, I caught on to the blonde hair color part a few years too late. Felt awkward when all the old folks at the Chinatown area in Singapore kept giving me strange looks due to my hair color.. -_-"


But anyway, I'm glad I got introduced to pizza while in my teens. And from that moment on, I wanted pizza but yet at the same time, I wanted it in a much more smaller and flatter proportion. In other words, the sinfulness without all that guilt. And obviously, I was still clueless back then and it wasn't until some time last year that my mind finally clicked and the 1st ever Prata Pizza was invented by me. Although full credit still goes back to Manhattan Pizza Company (https://www.facebook.com/The.Manhattan.Pizza.Co) for giving me that spark of idea after visiting their Orchard Central outlet a few times.



First of all, you need prata. It doesn't matter whether you make your own or buy it frozen from supermarket. And it definitely doesn't matter if it's plain prata or not, as it's up to each individual's preference :)



Next, you need a few of your favorite ingredients to top your prata. For me, I like to first smear a layer of pasta a.k.a spaghetti sauce on my prata first, just like what you would do for a regular pizza. Next, I throw in some sliced onions, sliced capsicums (I love the green ones), and cubed mushrooms and arrange them on the prata itself, just as you can see in the photo above.


Don't forget the cheese. It's the most important ingredient in a pizza, and naturally, it's just as important on a prata pizza too. If you are allergic to dairy products such as cheese for example, just go ahead and omit the cheese out. Next, heat your saucepan with olive oil (extra virgin olive oil or just virgin olive oil, doesn't matter, but I steer clear of peanut oil cos I hate the taste of it. Ack..)


Once the saucepan and oil is hot enough, just throw in your prata into the saucepan. However, if your prata tend to stick to the plastic sheet it comes in. I recommend coating your saucepan with oil first and placing your prata on the layer of olive oil before adding the ingredients to the prata inside the saucepan. Just make sure you don't do it over an open fire... yet.



If necessarily, get a lid to cover the saucepan and let the cheese melt and the ingredients on your prata cooked. I found that placing a pot lid on the saucepan actually does help to cook the ingredients on my prata rather well. Just ensure the fire is on low as you do not want a burned prata bottom when eating it.


Once well-cooked, slide onto a plate and serve. Of course, if you want to replicate your favorite pizza toppings onto your prata, it's alright to do so. Just go ahead and have fun and see a brand new prata pizza get invented in your hands :D


Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~