Why did you choose to become a woman?

In Singapore Scene, Yahoo! SEA's Ion Danker speaks to Adriana Roslan, a 30-year-old transgender Singaporean struggling to find acceptance here. His parents have accepted the fact that their son wants to become a woman after many years of denial. Living a normal life is just as challenging. Job applications have been rejected and many have shunned him because of his decision.





After watching this video, I feel even more proud of Adriana Roslan. Why so? Even though she used to be a he, she felt that she is more of a woman than a man. Now, I'm not saying this due to the fact that Adriana Roslan is now a "woman". I said that because of the fact that Adriana knew what she wanted and went for it, despite knowing that there will be potential setbacks in her life after that transition from man to woman. Up till now, I still can't understand why Singaporeans are so biased towards people who are a little different from them, be it multiple piercings, heavily tattooed and what nots. Sure, they might look different from your usual stereotypes of what Singaporeans should generally look like.

But if there's a slightest possibility that these haters wants to blame all these thoughts and behaviors, I would suggest blaming the one and all important person. And that is God. You see, people who walk around with multiple piercings, tattoos or as an opposite gender as opposed to what they originally were, it's a lifestyle choice. Since they chose that path, they know what they had wanted from the beginning and they are not afraid to walk down that path, no matter how difficult it might be in the future for them.

Let's talk about the issue of homosexuality. If homosexuals are not allowed into Heaven because they're gay, wouldn't it be better to blame God since He was the one who gave us humans emotions and feelings. If God forbade homosexuals and homosexual relationships, He shouldn't have given us humans any feelings or emotions when He first created us. No offense here, but if there's an outlet to pinpoint the fault, please don't pin in on these awesome people who chose what they know is good for them, or what they actually wanted all along. In fact, I myself personally believe and feel that homosexuals, transgenders, transsexuals, people with multiple piercings and tattoos are not only awesome in the fact that they did what they felt they needed to, but also because of the fact that they can be the most friendliest, down-to-earth folks in Singapore that I would love to call friends, neighbors and colleagues.

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chopsticks (Pu Niao?),

    Sorry, just stumbled onto your website through searching for Adrianna Roslan. I do have some views about your blog entry which I felt needed to be said from an ex-homosexual who was graciously saved by God from my life of homosexuality.

    I was lesbian for about 8 years and deep in my lifestyle, for some it's a phase but for me, I knew I had strong male inclinations since young, as far back as k2? (I don't have great memory but I remember having a serious crush on my female kindergarten teacher and on some of my schoolmates in primary school; I was from an all girls' school)

    When I was homosexual, I had always felt like a male trapped in a female's body, which I hated. I hated men as well (many might attribute it to father issues but I had the perfect family growing up, with loving parents). I had also considered changing my body and admired those who had the opprtunity to do it as I felt I would be much more comfortable in a guy's body. I had 17 relationships, of which 3 were serious to the point where we were almost living together and I did think of marrying them.

    I am a rather rash and passionate person who could fall head over heels in love and not care if it meant being disowned or ostracized as long as I was with my partner. As for it being a phase, I know deep within my heart that I would have been homosexual all my life if God hadn't saved me with His almighty hand.

    ..continued

    ReplyDelete
  2. To cut a long story short, one night I stumbled upon a Christian website on homosexuality for the very first time (although I had been going to church all my life for 20 years), I finally saw that Jesus, who is God, died for a person like me who has done unspeakable acts. And I realized that He did it, so that I may be free from my life of purposeless, obscenity and violence (because of my rashness and passion, the downside was that when things went wrong in my relationships, we sometimes hit each other when we quarrelled). And I was saved from my life of sin and inherited all His blessings for me in Christ by believing in Him.

    So, I respectfully disagree when you blame God for homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a greater sin than say, lying. Because God is just; and I am quite sure you would not want an unjust God, like you would not want an unjust judge who let serial murderers go free; all who commit any form of sin will go to Hell. Everyone deserves Hell, not just homosexuals, because we have all sinned in some "small" way or in a "great" way. To a God who is 100% purity and righteousness, there is no "small" sin because you're not offending someone small. (i.e. The punishment if you spit in my face and Lee Kuan Yew's face is VERY different)

    Addressing your point: "He shouldn't have given us humans any feelings or emotions when He first created us", would you really want it if God did not give you emotions to love? The beautiful thing about being human is FREE WILL, which He gave us. Otherwise, He could have created simply us robots and I really don't think you would want to be a robot, who wouldn't even have the capacity to type that blog entry.

    To me, homosexuality is a choice. Inclinations do not justify unnatural acts. There are people who are just naturally short and hot tempered. Would you say it is right if they follow their inclination when it manifests itself in various ways? (verbal, physical abuse or even murder)

    ...continued

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you that transvestites, transgenders, gays, lesbians are great people. They are. And they do not deserve to be condemned, but loved. All of us have sin. Following your line of argument for blaming God, He then should not have given us passion for the cause of righteous things (such as you standing up for homosexuals & the human rights movement) if He forbids murder which mostly stems from anger (for righteous and unrighteous things?).

    Sorry for the REALLY long comment! I am no longer a practicing homosexual, and am being changed gradually by God to lead a life of godliness and purity. I will admit it is extremely hard but it is easy at the same time for I am travelling this journey on the loving arms of the Almighty and my past condemns me no more.

    This is just my 2 cents worth, God does not need me to stand up for Him for His Name will be vindicated in time to come. What is amazing that this Almighty God of justice is 100% love, that He would come down to this broken world to suffer for all of us unworthy sinners (at all costs, and no benefit to Himself), that we may benefit from knowing Him and experience full joy in this life and the life to come. My hope is that you would rethink blaming One who has shown us so much infinite love by giving us free will, emotions (that we may fall head over heels in love, be loyal to our friends and filial to our parents) and gives breath to those who speak against Him too. Also, that you may one day receive God's free gift of grace in Christ and experience surpassing joy which nothing and no one else can ever offer. (:

    -THE END- haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jac,

    I don't meant to blame God, to me, this topic is more like my frustration as well. It's like, people are going around saying, "Eww.. Homos" and stuffs like that without even trying to know them at all. In a sense, God gave us humans free will, which in turn, give us individual rights to choose what we want.

    And no, hope you don't think I'm trying to pick an argument or even start one. But i really value your feedback to this post and sincerely hope to see you back again.

    Sincerely,
    Pu Niao

    P/S: Above comment deleted cos i missed out 3 letters :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~