Holga Cameras

Well, recently, I was infatuated with Holga Cameras since they're unique. The photos taken are even more special than digital cameras, not to mention that these holga cameras actually uses film instead of memory stick. Yup, that's where the charms of old-school cameras lie, those good old days of yesteryear coming back once again and kicking digital camera butts (supposedly if digital cameras have them in the first place).

Though, I won't go so crazy and buy each and every single Holga out in the market, it's absolutely crazy to even think about it. So yeah, I'm only going for those that are really really special, especially when the photos are developed.

So, just check out my (not so latest) Holga Camera collection that I have amassed so far:


Holga Cameras

A small tiny palm sized camera in all its packaged glory!!



Holga Cameras

The front view of the camera, it really fits into the palm of your hand. I'm not kidding!!



Holga Cameras

The back view of the camera. The film can be just attached on after flipping the back lid open. Took quite a while to really figure this out, despite asking around for help and ended up in disbelievement.



Holga Cameras

Nya Nya Holga ak.a. Cat Holga



Holga Cameras

yes, it's in a tin food can format, except the tin is much bigger than regular tin food (>.<)



Holga Cameras

It comes with a lid that is easily opened. And that means, if you want to use the camera, you have to open up the lid...



Holga Cameras

Instruction manuals, warranty cards... all in Japanese. (My Japanese sucks so horribly that reading an entire sentence is going to give me nightmares)



Holga Cameras

The camera itself... Nya Nya Holga!!! You have to put in AA (or AAA) batteries so that the camera can go "Meow Meow" when you press a button. Film wise, it's the normal film which is easily bought from camera shops that sells films.


On a note, I wonder who's going to be doing the chasing when I use this camera? Me who is running after the cat for a photo? Or the cat who suddenly seemed annoyed at the meowing camera? Anyway, that is all for my camera collections, and I seriously hated digital version because until now, I still can't figured out how to use them... And I'm absolutely proud of it, cos' I'm old-school!!

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~