Bad News...

I myself have realised, "My face looks pissed without me feeling pissed" and that itself might have inadvertently offended a lot of people without me realising it too. Well, let me talk about this incident that happened on 6 April.

I was supposed to work the afternoon shift and I ended up reporting to work close to 10 minutes late. I seldom report to work late and I try not to. And in this case, it's already a bad start to the whole day. Anyway, I went to my work station and everything went on fine as per usual with any other day. Then, this idiot (sorry for the choice of words here, but this rude ass is only worth called "An Idiot!!") asked about our store membership card. And as I was already serving another customer, I had to leave this idiot for a while before I could attend to him. When I did finally managed to get back to him, he seemed a little impatient. And he asked about our membership card renewal process. Anyway, this is how the whole conversation went:

Idiot: My card is expiring this month and I understand that if I make a purchase of $50, I can get my card renewed on the spot, right?

Me: Actually Sir, you have to come back one month before the expiry date to renew your card, but...

Idiot: What kind of attitude is that? I'm asking you about renewing my card and you're telling me that I have to come back one month before the expiry date. Are you paying attention to what I am saying? I want to see your manager!

Me: (blank look on my face and I haven't even finish explaining to him at all)...

Colleague: Why? What's wrong? Did something happen?

Me: (while on the phone) ... I don't know??...

Idiot: What do you mean you don't know? Don't be a customer representative if you don't have the intention of doing customer service?

Colleague: Sir, I apologise...

Idiot: What kind of attitude is that? This is the lousiest service I have ever encountered, I want to see your manager right now!

Me: Nobody's picking up the phone, I think I'll go inside and look for a manager....

Along the way, I muttered some profanity that popped to my mind instantly. (Luckily, I was out of that idiot's range for him to hear anything) I mean, I didn't even get to explain and finish what that idiot needs to know and he cut short my explanation. And if that isn't good enough, he claimed that I was rude when he was the rude one. This is really maddening! I did look for a manager, and the manager was the person who was in charge of my department to soothe the hissy prissy idiot. And the good part? I have a lot of witnesses to attest to the fact that I wasn't rude to him.

To cut the long story short, this idiot did renewed his card and left his name, snail mail address, email address, everything down. I don't know whether he's really an idiot or not. But from my point of view, if I complained about a sales staff, whether I am being mean or just wanted to find someone to vent my frustrations on, I wouldn't be so stupid to leave all my contact details behind for anyone to get hold of, right? Well, this idiot just did that.

And my manager actually tried to pacify my traumatised mind that, "Well, at least you can get back at that shameless goon since he left his contact details for us?" Yeah! That sounds great. Ultimately. But then, I don't think I would want to do that. Spamming his email and stuffs like that. But, if he comes back and give me more shit again, maybe....



Your Ad Here

Unknown

Riih Rion is bashful when facing cameras and video-cams. But she soon realized she is more comfortable behind a PC screen than in front of a lens. Riih is passionate about beauty products, paranormal & folk lore from anywhere in the world and sushi. Especially sushi. Come visit her blogs or drop her a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on -Chopsticks-, a personal blog that touches on pop culture. Kindly note that I will comment back on your blog (on your latest blog post) as soon as I possibly can, unless I'm not online.

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~